Work With Us
Partner with us to pilot a life-saving intervention
If you are interested in conducting a research study using our Alma Sana bracelets, we welcome your proposals and ideas. Please contact our founder, Lauren Braun, at email@example.com.
Marketing & Fundraising Internship – Summer 2015
· Location: Home-based
· Duration: 2-3 months (depending on needs)
· Hours: Flexible, 8-10 hours/week
· Start Date: ASAP
· Pay: Unpaid
What We’re Looking For
Alma Sana is at an exciting time in its growth trajectory. Founded in 2012, we recently piloted the use of our childhood vaccination reminder bracelets with mothers and nurses in Peru and Ecuador. Our results were very positive, so we are now seeking funding to do a larger study in three countries. You will play a key role in driving our growth in two pivotal ways: 1) Securing funding, and 2) Growing our online community. Potential is more important to us than experience. We are looking for someone who is genuinely excited about our mission, thrives on working autonomously, and who enjoys connecting with people from all walks of life. We have an urgent need for this position, so we would like you to start as soon as possible.
1. Marketing and social media
· Under guidance of founder, creating ambitious, integrated, targeted media strategy
· Growing our online presence following using best practices research and having a deep understanding of our community and values
· Generating database of relevant media publications and writers with whom to share our work
· Generating shareable and creative news stories building relationships with media outlets
· Preparing and sending online newsletter to our community
· Researching, compiling, and sharing with our team relevant grant opportunities and awards
· Creating and maintaining simple database to track grants, awards, and applications
· Assisting with preparing our applications for grants and other awards
· Researching crowdfunding platforms and presenting your recommendations for us
· Building relationships with foundations, organizations, and relevant networks to mobilize and activate for funding
· Co-managing preparation and implementation of crowdfunding campaign
· Conducting other ad hoc research as needed
· Current undergraduate in marketing, communications, or related field
· Passion for innovation, public health, vaccines, maternal and child health, or international development
· Excellent communicator, warm, friendly, and intuitive at building relationships
· Creative thinker, exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, hardworking – we want to hear your ideas!
· Critical: Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines with minimal oversight
· Critical: Comfort with and ability to work remotely, i.e. via Skype
· Experience in grantwriting, proposal development, or award applications
· Experience in successful social media management (could be for personal accounts) Please include links to social media accounts or indicate successful campaigns you have managed.
What We’re Offering
You will be working directly with our founder and will learn firsthand how to bootstrap a startup social enterprise in global health. You will play a meaningful, critical role in growing our organization so that we can save more children’s lives through immunization. You will have autonomy over your work, and we welcome your ideas for growing our online community and pursuing innovative funding opportunities. Your work will involve establishing and building invaluable relationships with key players in global health, media publications, foundations, and impact investors. You will learn how to successfully plan and implement a crowdfunding campaign for social impact. We’re unfortunately not able to offer financial compensation for this role, but we’ll thank you with some perks during your time with us. Although this is a remote position, our founder and other team members will be available to mentor and support you and structure your work.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact Lauren Braun, President and founder of Alma Sana, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you are ready to apply, please email Lauren Braun (email@example.com) your resume and a few paragraphs explaining how you match what we’re looking for and why you are interested in this opportunity. Please indicate the earliest date that you could start. We will be accepting applications until this position is filled.